Last month I began featuring bloggers or individuals whom I have come across in my zero journey that have given me something, whether a recipe, positive comment, or any kind of inspiration. I want to focus on the positive change happening across the globe in environmental awareness, education, and activism. I want to commend those who act positive change because they are the hope that we need and every bit they do and we do together will make a difference.
Introducing Anne Marie from The Zero-Waste Chef , blogging from the San Francisco Bay Area. To sum it up, this blog is everything I need in a food blog! Everything from recipes, shopping, and tips, to cookware, book recommendations, and more; all wrapped up in a beautiful zero-waste, plastic-free, sustainable package. She is so incredibly resourceful and I have used her blog for numerous things; chocolate syrup and sour cream to name two (bye bye, store-bought nonsense).
Why I heart The Zero-Waste Chef:
- endless resources in all things food, kitchen, and more (and to cut out the processed crap), geared toward eco-warriors
- simple steps to go zero-waste or plastic-free in regards to shopping and cooking
- her sense of humour, wit, and common sense perspective are fun to read
- many options, tips, and recipes to phase out store-bought, over-packaged (and processed) nonsense
- she hosts webinars, teaches workshops, has produce bag sewing sessions, and with all of her other obligations she still blogs and is surprisingly easy to get a hold of on social media!
What is also cool is that her daughter blogs as the Plastic-Free Chef. A great way to reduce your trash impact is to start in the kitchen, namely with food; not just packaging, but food waste. Gain some insight into how our food is grown (or not grown and presented to us as food). The Zero-Waste Chef can help you with so many things regarding these topics. Easy and entertaining to read – she makes it totally doable. So, thanks, Anne Marie, for greening the crap out of our meal prep! If you have a food or kitchen question – Anne Marie will likely have a witty or simplified answer for you.
Need inspiration? Visit The Zero-Waste Chef!
[…] The Zero-Waste Chef: forget cookbooks and Pinterest, because Anne-Marie is all I need! She is tremendously […]